POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Simulate a camera with no lens : Simulate a camera with no lens Server Time
8 Jun 2024 13:05:06 EDT (-0400)
  Simulate a camera with no lens
From: Crippso
Date: 26 May 2011 18:20:00
Message: <web.4dded11b6317d989bf90049a0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I've only just downloaded pov-ray so sorry if this is a really stupid
question...

I understand that the camera model in pov-ray is that of an ideal pin hole
camera, and that the field of view of the camera is set which essentially
defines the properties of the 'lens' in front of the camera.

What I'd really like to be able to do is model what a focal plane array (FPA)
would see when a camera has no lens to focus the rays. In this 'no-lens'
scenario I'd like to define an approximate field of view by placing the FPA at
the back face of a cylinder, with an aperture in the front face.

Is this possible in pov-ray?

any thoughts/advice greatly appreciated!

Stu